Saturday, December 13, 2008

Exposing Marine Spirits

I'm going through my notes from a church 'conference' I went to last October in Kakata, a 'town' north of Monrovia. By day, I would go around the community with the pastors where they were doing deliverance services, watch Nigerian films with the ministry's choir, or talk demons with the Rev.; by night, I would go to the revival which was usually about witches, wizards, demons, etc. Here of some of my favorite 'facts' from one night of the service, which was primarily concerend with 'marine spirits':

  • A 'marine spirit' is: 'spirits, people, organisations with the ability to work on land, air and water. The goddess of the water is Mami Wata, she controls rivers, lagoons and swamps. The queen of the coast controls all of West Africa. Astral spirits moniter all the waters and have contact with Lucifer, who made different tpes of spirits to do these things. His main purpose? To destroy the church, people who support the church, and marriages.
  • These marine spirits invaded humanity, according to Genesis 6 (the story of Noah's Ark), through sex: 'A partial-form demon had sex with a woman. They did this to destory God's creation so everything would be evil. God has to wipe away this generational curse'.
  • Today, these spirits exist all over, especially in Bush society, fraternity and celestial churches (which means, respectively, Poro/Sande, Free Masons, and Nigerian AICs like the Aladura)
  • Female circumcision destroys a woman's destiny, it will bring demons of lust and destroy her ability to get pregnant and get married because they have made a covenant with blood and dealing with the goddess of the water.'
  • 'If you have sex with a woman who is pregnant, it kills the baby, sperm are like little snakes'.
  • 'I once prayed for a man, he was too full of demons. He vomited one bucket of blood and then stooled himself'.

No comments: